Sunday, March 28, 2010

Week 10 Morgan Bayada

I agree with Morgan Bayada and Dan Brown's video to a certain extent. I am right there with them when they talk about sitting in a room just listening to a lecture to just memorize facts. I think that is a waste of time because if I ever needed this information I could just find it online, but there are some classes I must say that are not like this. For example a math class. I can not learn how do do something without someone showing me how to do it. In a class that requires an application it requires thinking not memorization. For the classes that have nothing to do with my major I just study to get by because I really do not care about the theme of some poem or something like that. I do think that we learn from other students more than we do a professor because we each have a question and can find the answer together. We learn more from finding it ourselves than someone telling us in a lecture. A PLN is a great way to learn as a student and as a teacher because a teacher may have a solution to a problem and can share it to other teachers who may be going through that same problem.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about memorizing random facts. I also agree that we are likely to learn more if we have to work to find the information.

    "Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school."--Albert Einstein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything the teacher of poetry could do to stimulate your interest in poetry?

    ReplyDelete