Sunday, March 21, 2010

Week 9 ALEX

ALEX

ALEX stands for Alabama Learning Exchange. This is basically a resource an teacher can use. There are eight different categories on the home page such as course of study, lesson plan, podcast, and so on. I personally enjoyed looking at the lesson plan section. I think this could be very useful for teachers, especially new teachers. I found this website very user friendly and very helpful.

Access

Access distance leaning will provide equal access to high quality instruction, deliver quality learning opportunities, and greater equity for all Alabama public high school students through 21st century technology. This seems like it is more for the upper level honors students from what I can see. I am a little confused about this website and is it really useful.

2 comments:

  1. I found the ALEX lesson page section to be useful, as well. I think even experienced teachers could find some good ideas in the lesson plan section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found the ALEX webpage to be very useful. It was one of my favorite assignments that we've had actually, because I know I am likely to use it as an educator. I agree that the lesson plan section could be very useful for new teachers.

    ReplyDelete