Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mrs. She, Wikipedia, and Mr. McClung

Mrs. She's Class

These kids are awesome. I can't wait to follow their work this year.

Wikipedia Scanners

I also was always told never to use wikipedia as a source because anyone can edit a page. This information is great to know that I can find who has edited the page of if they are a credible source. It is funny that these sources that edited the page use it as advertisement or try to make it sound when they refer to themselves. Maybe this new scanner will help eliminate the amount of edits and the sources will become more reliable.

What Ive Learned This Year by Mr. McClung

Mr McClung hit the nail on the head. I especially enjoyed two quotes from his post. The first is "Our job as teachers is to simply pick them up after they fail, dust them off, and encourage them to try again." We as teachers need to be encouragers not the big bad teacher. The second quote is "In order to build the respect that we all seek in a student teacher relationship, it is important to take interest their the lives of our students." We need to listen to our students because we may be the only person who does.



2 comments:

  1. I too enjoyed Mr. McClung's post. We soon-to-be-teachers all know that we will need to be our students' advocates. He's seen it and had to figure out how to make it happen in the real world. I liked his comments on being flexible as well as the two you mention above. On my blog, I commented on how great it would be to hear about his second year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke I enjoyed your post. You are so right it is great to know that Wikipedia can not be trusted in who writes what on a topic. I have used it often myself, and a lot of the times the information is valid but that is never a guarantee. I also loved the quotes Mr. McClung used myself those are encouraging words a future educator should keep in mind. We are not here to down any student, each student deserves a good education.

    ReplyDelete