Sunday, February 21, 2010

Technology and Itunes

Dr. Alice Christie

I personally enjoyed the section on educational technology. Today all students know how to use technology and to become an effective teacher one must learn technology. Dr. Alice has many different links on her website that one can follow to learn a little about that subject.

I particularly liked the photography section. This makes learning more fun for the student because it is not just a lecture class, but a hands on class. I am a visual learner and I think mist people are. If I can put a picture with a subject and am more likely to remember it.

ITunes University

I personally enjoy itunes university. It is free to download a podcast, and if I miss a class I can download a lecture and won't fall behind. Even if I don't miss a class I can still download and refresh my mind. This is an introduction to itunes u CLICK HERE

Being in secondary education I think this will be very useful to me as a teacher. I can put my lectures up for my class to listen to maybe just to refresh their memory, and I won't have to re-teach everything to someone who missed class. They can just listen to the podcast and then come to me if they don't understand.

IPOds in Learning

This is a link I found that tells you how ipods can be used for learning. IPOD in Education The two main ways it talks about is audio books and podcasting. I had never thought about an audio book, but I used to listen to books on tape all the time when I was younger. Now they are just on an ipod.

Podcasting is probably the most used form of education on an ipod. This is probably the most effective way of teaching these days because students today are lazy and don't want to go to class so now they can just download the lecture onto their ipod. Some people download them just to gain more knowledge not just to pass a class.




2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the photography section on Dr. Christie's site. I found it very interesting. Good ideas about how to develop interesting learning plans! Students are lazy? Oh my! But you may be right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed Dr. Christie's site. You are so right, students know all about technology and as teachers we have to know what we are doing.

    I also think that podcasts will be great to record lectures, so students can re-listen to something they did not understand, or for a student who was sick and missed class.

    Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete