Monday, April 26, 2010

Final Blog Post

1. These are the things I learned in EDM310
-blogging can be beneficial in schools because you can trick the kids into writing because they have fun when writing
-google docs-presentation and survey. The presentation is easy and free for students if they need to do a powerpoint and the survey can be used to give quizzes and such
-podcast and videocast can be uploaded to the internet so that students can get the lecture if they were absent
-google earth can be used in any classroom to show were something is and in the math class measurement can be taken and geometry is seen
-PLN is good so that a teacher can get information from other teachers and you can also help others out
-twitter can be used as part of your PLN
-HTML tags makes it easy to link something or embed something in a presentation

2. I would like to have learned the basics of a smartboard

3. There wasn't anything I wish I didn't learn

4. This class was exciting. At first I had heard how bad this class was and it was a lot of useless work. My experience has been different overall. I enjoyed the class and have learned a ton of things I will implement in my classroom. I thought google docs and making a podcast and videocast were the most interesting things to me.

5. I would consider almost every activity intellectually challenging. I was not that computer literate and had to think about how to do a lot of things, but now some of it just comes naturally.

6. At first I was bored because I was not putting any effort into it. Once I started putting some effort into this class I wasn't bored one bit.

7. The only thing I would change would be the syllabus. It was confusing at times and hard to follow in some places.

8. I would consider myself in the middle of being technologically literate. I do know many things now, but there is so much more for me to learn.

9. To improve on being technologically literate, I will continue doing blogs and just play around with podcasts, videocast and other things. I will use them in any project available to use them.

1 comment:

  1. "At first I had heard how bad this class was and it was a lot of useless work." You can't believe everything you hear!

    Smartboards are easy if you have one that works. Just puts the screen of a computer onto the board, provides access to programs (a few good, many poor), and provides a form of touch screen interface somewhat like the iPad or iTouch or iPhone. Go for it!

    "The only thing I would change would be the syllabus. It was confusing at times and hard to follow in some places." Maybe not the only thing, but I must certainly redo the syllabus. By next fall. Already working on it!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete